By David Wellington
Laura Caxton s'était juré de ne plus jamais affronter de vampires. On sait ce que valent les bonnes résolutions... À Gettysburg reposent cent cercueils. Quatre-vingt-dix-neuf contiennent des vampires dont on a ôté le coeur. Le dernier est vide. Ces coeurs ont le pouvoir de ramener à l. a. vie une armée de soldats assoiffés de sang. Le dernier vampire s'en est-il emparé ?
Read or Download 99 Cercueils (Vampire Story, Tome 2) PDF
Similar vampires books
In blood-soaked lore passed down the centuries, the vampire is a monster of unending fascination: from Bram Stoker’s Dracula to Buffy the Vampire Slayer, this seductive lover of blood haunts pop culture and inhabits our darkest imaginings. The cultural background of the vampire is a wealthy and sundry story that's now ably documented in From Demons to Dracula, a compelling learn of the vampire fable that unearths why this creature of the undead fascinates us so.
Armand beforehand has performed a small function within the Vampire Chronicles. right here he assumes heart degree, referring to his years of lifestyles to fledgling vampire David Talbot, who performs amanuensis to Armand as he did to Lestat . .. It's not only the epic plot yet Rice's voluptuary worldview that's the most allure .
Hours of significant studying look ahead to, with stories from a number of the nineteenth and twentieth century's most famous horror and darkish myth authors.
About the Megapacks
Over the previous few years, our “Megapack” sequence of book anthologies has proved to be one among our most well-liked endeavors. (Maybe it is helping that we occasionally supply them as charges to our mailing record! ) One query we hold getting requested is, “Who’s the editor? ”
The Megapacks (except the place in particular credited) are a bunch attempt. every body at Wildside works on them. This contains John Betancourt, Mary Wickizer Burgess, Sam Cooper, Carla Coupe, Steve Coupe, Bonner Menking, Colin Azariah-Kribbs, Robert Reginald. A. E. Warren, and plenty of of Wildside’s authors… who frequently recommend tales to incorporate (and not only their very own! )
• “Mrs. Amworth,” via E. F. Benson, initially released in 1920
• “Lost Epiphany,” by way of Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, initially seemed in Saint-Germain: Memoirs, 2008
• “Weeping Willow,” by way of T. A. Bradley, initially seemed in Horror In phrases, 2009
• “The better Thirst,” by means of Marilyn “Mattie” Brahen, initially seemed in goals of Decadence #2, 1996
• “Clarimonde,” via Théophile Gautier, initially seemed in 1836 in los angeles Chronique de Paris (translation by way of Lafcadio Hearn)
• “Waiting for the Hunger,” via Nina Kiriki Hoffman, initially seemed in Doom urban, 1986
• “Kvetchula,” by means of Darrell Schweitzer, initially seemed in Marion Zimmer Bradley’s fable journal, summer time 1997
• “A Vampire,” via Luigi Capuana, initially seemed in 1906 (this model has been edited and the language modernized for this publication)
• “Omega,” via Jason Andrew, initially seemed in Horror Carousel #6, 2008
• “Accommodation,” through Michael R. Collings, unique to this anthology
• “The artwork of the Smile,” by way of John Gregory Betancourt, initially seemed in Weirdbook #30, 1997
• “Renfield’s Syndrome,” by way of Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, initially seemed in Apprehensions and different Delusions, 2004
• “The Pimp,” by way of Lawrence Watt-Evans, initially seemed in bizarre stories #315 (Spring 1999)
• “Runaway,” by way of Darrell Schweitzer, initially seemed in I, Vampire, 1995
• “Sympathy for Vampires,” through John Gregory Betancourt, initially seemed in Horrors! 365 frightening tales, 1998
• “The mystery of Kralitz,” by means of Henry Kuttner, initially seemed in bizarre stories, October 1936
• “The Fourth Horseman,” by way of Peter Darbyshire, initially seemed in On Spec, summer time 1998
• “Cravat of the Damned,” through Zach Bartlett, initially seemed within the Absent Willow evaluate, September 2009
• “Help Wanted,” by means of Michael McCarty and Terrie Leigh Relf, initially seemed in a bit support From My Fiends, 2009
• “Siren Song,” via Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, initially seemed in Horror storage #6, 2002
• “An Authenticated Vampire Story,” by way of Franz Hartmann, initially seemed within the Occult evaluate, September 1909
• “Dracula’s New Dress,” through Ray Cluley, initially seemed in Fem-Fangs, 2010
• “Dracula’s Guest,” through Bram Stoker, initially seemed in Dracula’s visitor and different bizarre tales (1914)
• “The Bats,” through David Anderson, initially seemed in 2011
• “The Room within the Tower,” by way of E. F. Benson, initially seemed in 1912
• “Four wood Stakes,” by means of Victor Rowan, initially seemed in bizarre stories, August-Septemer 1936
The co-author of the bestselling Noble useless novels maintains her "exhilarating"(SF Revu) new vampire sequence. Eleisha Clevon has all started a correspondence with fellow vampire Rose de Spenser. either reluctant predators, they enterprise outdoors purely whilst the starvation turns into insufferable, making an attempt to not draw consciousness to themselves-and suppose responsible whilst finishing human lives.
- Children of the Vampire (Diaries of the Family Dracul 02)
- Death's Excellent Vacation
- Sookie Stackhouse 8-copy Boxed Set (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood)
Extra info for 99 Cercueils (Vampire Story, Tome 2)
I talked to Ahn-Kha and the Chief—we're going to switch the time to twenty-two hundred. The men are supposed to be assembled an hour later, ready to climb into the boats for the landing. " They forced themselves to act normally at dinner with the men. Valentine sat with one group he called his "deadeyes," the four best marksmen in the culled company. Post ate with the noncommissioned officers at the other long table in the galley. Though he had no appetite, Valentine forced himself to eat mouthful after mouthful of the traditional preaction steak and eggs.
A census isn't one of our priorities. There are the townspeople and plantation families proper. I'd guess around seven hundred or so. Then there are the ships' crews. You could add in the folks inland and along the coast, fishermen, and a few free spirits who come in with a hold full of grain or pork when it suits them. Oh, and the rum distillery. You might say that they're allies of ours, even if their product goes out on Kurian ships, as well. " "Jay? " She looked away from the ship's bow for the first time.
Valentine tasted his first fresh banana-he'd had banana bread and a pudding mix in New Orleans, and there was no comparison-and followed it with the meat and milk of a coconut. He strolled over to Ahn-Kha and the Grogs, who were learning to peel their fruit before eating it in imitation of the humans. A knot of the Chief's men crammed down the colorful fruit with Went and Torres. " Ahn-Kha asked, scooping meat from his coconut shell with his strong, flexible lips. "We're safe for now. It seems they give the royal treatment to prisoners.